Re: Koyln

Here I go again, sticking my big fat two cents in everyone's face.  I believe,
if I am not mistaken, that I may have I heard from some source who may or may
not have been more or less informed, that Tsiganoff based his rendition on a
Yiddish folksong called "Koyln," and added a third section from another well
known song.  It is also possible that I dreamed the whole thing or only
partially and imperfectly absorbed the information due to moral lassitude or
some form of congenital idiocy.  I'm sure I will soon be brought to task for
this lapse, but by that time I will have succeeded in hopelessly muddying the
academic waters and it will be to late for all of you.

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided o'er my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy and Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake