RE: formatting e-mail

Michel, Dick (and others):

There is no standard for formatting e-mail. It is generally considered rude to
include any sort of text formatting for this reason (that very very much
includes sending html-ized messages which will be unreadable to many; excess
messiness to most others), but do understand that not everyone has the time,
inclination, or ability to turn off such features. On the other hand, thanks
for bringing up the issue so people can get a double reminder to pay attention!

ari