ilan karpati

I just had the privelege of meeting and playing with Ilan Karpati,
clarinetist with Les Grandes Klezmer of Paris, one of the three Klezmer
bands in France, who is visiting friends here in Cleveland.  He sat in
with our Cleveland Workmen's Circle Klezmer Orchestra today and was
greatly appreciated.  The lines given him on paper were transformed into
lovely personal expression.  I hope you have the opportunity to hear him
and his group.  Ilan is in the States doing research at YIVO for the
French-language book of the history of Klezmer he is writing.  There are
no French sources for learning about this subject, he says, so he is
writing one.  Henry, maybe you should have your work translated, too, if
there is enough interest for one book...

Lorele