Metropolitan Klezmer Purim+B'day show: Sun 3/19 @The Knit (&Sharqija!)

Metropolitan Klezmer celebrates Purim & the band's sixth birthday a few days
ahead on Sun, March 19 at the Knitting Factory ... a double bill with the
rowdily elegant Sharqija's music from the Silk Road, including Balkan &
perhaps Persian Shushan specials.  Surprises from Metro's upcoming 2nd album
release & prizes for original & outrageous Purim costumes.  Cross-dressing a
venerable tradition!

Sharqija opens @ 7:30pm; Metropolitan Klezmer starts @ 8:15pm, our
eight-piece lineup in the Knit's Main Space.  All for just $12 at 74 Leonard
St, NYC.  Info: 212/219-3006; www.knittingfactory.com; &
www.metropolitanklezmer.com ... Don't miss this last chance to see two of
NY's widest-ranging groups together*:

?Metropolitan Klezmer
Leader EVE SICULAR-drums
ISMAIL BUTERA-accordion/bendir
STEVE ELSON-clarinet/bass clarinet/tenor sax
PAM FLEMING-trumpet/flugelhorn
MICHAEL HESS-viola/ney flute/kanun [zither]
DAVE HOFSTRA-bass/tuba
DEBORAH KARPEL-vocals
HARRIS WULFSON-violin

?Sharqija
Leader ISMAIL BUTERA-accordion/saz/kashkar rabab/vocals
BASYA [Pharaoh's Daughter] SCHECHTER-oud/guitar/vox
HARRIS WULFSON-violin
KAZUKE KOZARU-dumbeq/frame drum
SPROCKET ROYER-bass
MICHAEL HESS-kanun

*we may never pass this way again; anyway, it's not in our forseeable
schedules, much as we love playing together on the same bill!

so hope to see you soon,
Eve for MetroKlezmer (& Isle of Klezbos)
151 First Avenue #145, NYC  10003    tel: 212-475-4544
www.metropolitanklezmer.com