(adv.) Finally! "Klezmer!" book's companion CD.

The same thing that Wolf reports (email apparantly lost in cyberspace) happened here, also yesterday, so as he asked, please forgive if I'm wrong and you received this ad already...

You may have read Henry Sapoznik's new book "Klezmer! From Old World to Our World". (If you haven't, see below on how to order).

Many have asked about the companion CD that goes with the book. It's here!

The selections, like the book, span almost the entire 20th century. These are complete pieces, not excerpts. They are:

Elenkrig's Orchestra (1912): Nit Ba Motin
Cantor Yosele Rosenblatt Ato Yozarto, (1912)
Belf's Rumynski Ork'estr mayofus (1912)
Joseph Moskowitz [tsimbl] Doina
The Original Dixieland Jazz Band: Palesteena (1920)
Gus Goldstein with Orchestra Di Grinee Kuzine (1922)
Naftule Brandwein Firn di Mekhutonim Aheym (1923)
Kandel's Orchestra Di Hasidim Furn Tsum Rebin (1924)
Joseph Cherniavsky & His Yiddish-American Jazz Band Kale Bazetzns un a
Freylekhs
(1925)
Aaron Lebedeff Der Freylekher Rumeyner (1925)
Abe Schwartz' Orchestra Di Rayze Nukh America (1928)
Alexander Olshanetsky's Orchestra Mazl in Libe (1929)
Sam Medoff and his Orchestra with Dave Tarras: The Bridegroom Special

(1938)
Seymour Rechtzeit, The Bagelman [Barry] Sisters, Dave Tarras and Abe
Ellstein's Orchestra: Dem Nayem Sher (1940)
Sam Musiker and His Orchestra Rumanian Fantasy (1956)
Andy Statman, zev Feldman, Marty Confurius: Voliner Bulgar [off the
sought-after "Jewish Klezmer Music" album] (1979)
Klezmer Conservatory Band: A freylekhn Nakht in Gan Eydn from "Oy
Chanukah" (1986)
Kapelye: Chicken Grave (1989)
Boiled in Lead: Sher from "From the Ladle to the Grave" (1989)
Klezmer Plus: Sidney's Eygene Bulgars from "Klezmer Plus!" (1991)
The Klezmatics: Man in a Hat, from "Jews With Horns" (1994)
KlezKamp Dance Band: Bulgar (Laren Brody, accordion, Mark Rubin, tuba,
Henry Sapoznik, banjo, Merlin Shepherd, clarinet) (1997)

Cost: $14.99
--------------------------Three ways to order--------------------------

1. Order on-line with your VISA or Mastercard: http://www.yiddishmusic.com

2. Call or fax our toll-free number - 1-877-YIDDISH.
(In area codes 781 or 617 please call 781-643-1957)

3. Send check or money order (in U.S. funds) to:
a bisl yidishkayt
P.O. Box 400331
Cambridge, MA 02140-0004

A) Shipping costs for U.S. addresses are as follows (elsewhere please inquire about our reasonable air-mail rates): (please note, cost is to each address specified. For example, sending two gifts of CDs to two addresses costs $5)

CD: $2.50
to one address: 2 CDs: $4, 3-4 CDs $4.50 (sent priority mail)

B) If you live in Massachusetts, please add 5% to the cost of your order before shipping.

C) GIFT WRAPPING IS AVAILABLE! And we can mail to your giftee.
Cost is $1.50 per item

The book "Klezmer! From Old World to Our World"

Author and veteran klezmer Sapoznik in his humorous and sometimes irreverent way, leads a tour from Europe to the Yiddish Theater on Second Avenue in New York, to vaudeville, and American klezmer in the early years of this century to its nascence and renaissance. With many stories about what it was like to work with legends like Dave Tarras and Naftule Brandwein? tales from the musical careers of fine musicians like Sammy Musiker, Paul Pincus, Joe Helfenbein, the Epstein Brothers ? a chronicle of the second generation's discovery of klezmer? to current developments and trends of the genre? this is the first book-form history of this subject. It's a fun read, it has 65 photos, and you will close the book with a much better understanding of where klezmer music came from and how it evolved.

We are doing a preorder on the book. If you want to order, please send us $24.99 + $4.99 shipping ($29.98) by Purim (Tuesday, March 21st. At that time we will make an order to the publisher; you should receive your copy within two weeks after March 21st. (See above re. how to order)
** P.S. You do not have to preorder the companion CD; we have it stock.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->