Re: circular breathing ??

Objet : Re: circular breathing

Wolf, Lucy and others...

Are you interested in circular breathing? Do you use it?
Does somebody know if it has been used by klezmorim like Tarras, Brandwein,
etc?

FYI, I use it very often with my sax, only to feel less breathless at the
end of a long musical phrase or to create a special tension effect during an
interlude or a cadence. But (since I once heard the jazz saxophonist Odean
Pope) never for a whole 20-40 minutes tune!! IMHO, music needs silences!
What d'you think, khevre?
Michal

Michel Borzykowski
12 chemin Franconis
CH-1290 Versoix
Suisse / Switzerland
tel (+41/22) 755.41.23
fax (+41/22) 776.14.94
e-mail: borzykowski (at) infomaniak(dot)ch
homepage: http://borzykowski.users.ch