Re: more on Ofra Haza's death

----- Original Message -----
From: <KLEZMER313 (at) aol(dot)com>
To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 8:59 AM
Subject: more on Ofra Haza's death

> Those interested in Ofra Haza's death may be disturbed to read this
Jerusalem
> Post Article:
>
>  <A HREF="http://jpost.com/Editions/2000/02/29/News/News.3318.html";>Click
> here: The Jerusalem Post Newspaper : Online News From Israel - News
Article</A

I don't know the facts of the matter, but I wonder if secrecy about AIDS
contributed to her death.  It is foolish to pretend that AIDS isn't present
in every country, especially as it makes it harder to get the word out about
effective treatments.  The incidence of AIDS in the U.S. hasn't gone down,
but the death rate is down because new treatments reduce the severity of the
symptoms and lengthen the life of AIDS patients.  There is no cure yet, but
the treatments are better.

The drugs are expensive, but Ofra Haza could almost certainly have afforded
them.