Film music: Louis Sclavis; Film: Kadosh (Israel)

At the Gothenburg film festival a couple of weeks ago I saw this Israeli film
called Kadosh about daily life in Mea Sharim. The sound track featured some
very good music by the french(?) clarinetist Louis Sclavis. I don't know if
he's Jewish or not, but the music certainly has Jewish connection, so go listen
to it at
http://www.alapage.com/cgi-bin/3/affiche_variet.cgi?DIQ_NUMERO=416175&id=29242949483645&tn=1&devise=&donnee_appel=ALAPAGE&tn=1.
 This link probably gets split up in two lines, so copy and paste it into your
browser. The song links are further down the page by the text "Extrait sonore
1"-"Extrait sonore 9". (Yes, nine clips.)

Does anyone know anything more about him? They have lots of cd's by him at the
same site if you search, and most of them are categorized as Free Jazz,
including this one. This cd, "Clarinettes" is quite old, from 1985, by the way.

Christian Hansson