Re: sephardic etc

Are there many differences between say, the scales used  in Arabic music, to
those under discussion, used in Bulgarian, Turkish or Greek music?
Also why would Yiddish ever be sung in microtonal systems? Is it because
Yiddish was spoken in areas which use microtones?  Where would that hold
true, and where could I listen to Yiddish excerpts, not sung acc to western
music.
By the way, as far as I know, macam, is primarily not a musical definition,
but rather  a literary one, in its origin.  Please correct me if I'm wrong,
but I was with someone a while ago when he looked it up in a hebrew
encyclopaedia abnd that's what we found.