Re: Bat mitzvah on Curacao

Robert,

Livornese as in Livorno, Italy. It's a unique set of tunes that the
community has built up over many years.

The Bedarida is on the fonè label out of Italy. I don't recall where I got
it. Simon, can you help? It's not at Amazon, but it's still in print near
as I know. Alapage obviously has it, which is what kicked off this
discussion: you could order it there and tell us whether it was a good
experience.

The other recording:  Choir of E. Ventura, directed by A. Ventura, La
Haggada de Pessah, minhag Sefardi. Write to:

Gabriel Bedarida
Secretary
Communitá Ebraica di Livorno
Piaza Benamozegh 1
I-57123 Livorno
ITALY

and enclose a minimum $20 US contribution. I just sent a personal check,
which seemed to work fine.

B'shalom,

Joel