saga of the sher

You may recall that a couple of weeks ago I was asking for information about
the sher.  Well, I finally taught it to my group.  The first week, all was
well.  The dance was dignified and orderly.  This week was a different
story.  Maybe because we live in the wild west (Alberta, Canada), the
pioneering spirit is still strong or maybe it?s because our chain leader
likes to pump iron.  In any event, we ran through the ?thread the needle?
section at break-neck speed (luckily no dislocated shoulders or fractured
vertebrae).  Then, the real fun began, as our contorted chain snaked around
the room.  While the leader ran ahead, the back of the line continued at a
dignified pace.  Being the second in line, I had people pulling me in both
directions.  However, since my arm was wrapped around my neck in the proper
?thread the needle? position, I had a problem?I couldn?t breath.  Lucky for
me, my taped version of the sher is shorter than it should be.  The music
ended and I am still alive to tell the tale.

I have learned my lesson and from now on, will tell the group to improvise
within the limits of safety!  I fear asphyxiation with the hankie during the
Mitzvah Tanz.

Cheers
Helen