MetroKlezmer@ TonicNYC brunch; Rockland CC; Bklyn festival...

happy, healthy new year everybody!

here's the MetroKlezmer gig line-up for this month.  also, we're glad to
announce
"Yiddish For Travelers" named to Moment Magazine's TOP TEN KLEZMER CD's list.

in addition to the following dates for our public shows through early
October, we may have a downtown NYC Simkhas Torah party to announce soon.
For updates, pls see <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/metroklez/";>Metropolitan
Klezmer</A> band website, http://members.aol.com/metroklez
#Saturday, Sept 18:  Rockland Community College Cultural Arts Center, College
Road, Suffern NY, 8pm.  Concert presented by the Penguin Repertory Theater,
914/786-2873.

#Sunday, Sept 26:  TONIC's Klezmer Brunch Series.  Two sets at 1:30 and 3pm;
$10 for either set or $15 for both.  Curated by David Krakauer at Tonic,
located in the former Kedem Kosher Winery at 107 Norfolk St betw Delancey &
Rivington, just around the corner from Ratner's Restaurant in NYC.  F-train
to Delancey, then walk 1/2 block uptown.  Info & reservations: 212/358-7501
or www.tonic107.com

#Friday, Oct 8:  Opening night of WORLDFEST 2000, a weekend-long festival at
Fort Hamilton in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.  8pm show.  For info: 718/266-3001.

a groysn dank = thanks a lot,
Eve Sicular (drummer/bandleader)
Metropolitan Klezmer  tel: 212.475.4544
151 First Avenue #145, NYC  10003

For more future dates, bio's, reviews etc. ... pls click on <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/metroklez/";>Metropolitan Klezmer</A>