more pronunciation for Lori et al.

Hi again, "Ocho Kandelikas" is  a composition by Flory Jagoda, born in
Bosnia and living for many years in the DC area, now in her 70's. The song
and a few others she composed have entered the repertoire as folk songs,
much as many composed songs have done in Yiddish. She actually has a book of
her songs, "The Flory Jagoda Songbook", Tara Publications.
Una, dos, tres, kuatru, sintyu, sezh, sieti, ocho
is how she pronounces the eight candles.
I forgot to include a couple of other pronunciation things - s at the end of
a syllable or word is often (especially in the Eastern Mediterranean,
ex-Ottoman area; sometimes in Morocco) pronounced sh -
e.g. bushkash for buscas ("you are seeking").
There's no one good book in English, and no one book I know of which covers
all aspects of the language, but Haim Vidal Sephiha (in French)'s books are
the time-honoured classics, and MArie-Christine Varol (also in French) has
one, but it doesn't touch Moroccan Judeo-Spanish. Again, it's tricky to use
a book because there's not really one single language. If you speak Spanish,
Lori, my experience is that in conversation after a few hours you sort of
automatically start switching to whatever variety of Judeo-Spanish is being
spoken.
Is there a Sephardic community near where you live?
Cheers, Judith