Re: Recordings: do they exist? Ray Charles "Where Can I Go?"

Wolf,

Yes, you had told me that the Ray Charles cover of "Where Can I Go?"
exists.  Sorry if I didn't tell you that I had found it.  Thanks.

Here's some information from the All Music Guide web site for those
who might be interested:

On CD:
Ingredients in a Recipe for Soul/Have a Smile with Me
Artist                 Ray Charles
Date of Release                 1963 - 1964 (approx.) inprint
AMG Rating                         (Good)
Genre                 Rock
Styles                 Bop
Type                 compilation
Time                 37:03
A two-for-one pairing of albums from 1963 (Recipe for Soul) and 1964
(Have a Smile with Me), with the addition of historical liner notes.
Neither rate among his better albums -- both are inconsistent mixtures
of hard-edged jazz/pop/soul and mainstream pop standards. Each,
though, has some fine cuts, notably the Top Ten hit "Busted" (on
Recipe) and a jazzy cover of Hank Williams' "Move It On Over" (on
Smile).
The CD also adds two bonus tracks: both parts of the orchestral pop
"Without a Song" single from 1965. -- Richie Unterberger, All-Music
Guide
1997          CD                  Rhino
72843
Where Can I Go? (Berland/Fuld/Miller) - 3:29

Also available on the following LP:
World of Ray Charles [Argo]
Artist                 Ray Charles
Album Title                 World of Ray Charles [Argo]
Date of Release                 1974 (release)
AMG Rating                        (Good)
Genre                 Rock
Styles                 Soul, R&B
Type                 compilation
Time                 38:15
There are a few clinkers in this set, but for the most part this is a
superb collection of Brother Ray's early-1960s tracks. The gorgeous
ballads "I Can't Stop Loving You," "Georgia on My Mind" and "Born to
Lose" are included, not to mention the highly underrated "That Lucky
Old Sun." For good measure, the album closes with the smash "Hit the
Road Jack." All in all, an excellent single-album sampler. -- J.P.
Ollio, All-Music Guide
1974          LP                  Argo
361
Ray Charles                                  Keyboards, Vocals
Where Can I Go (Berland/Fuld/Miller) - 3:30

(I guess that you have to get the LP to get the extra second of
music.)

Bob