Sephardic 'oud player in Santa Monica

Dear friends:

I am trying to locate a member of the Santa Monica Sephardic community on
behalf of an Israeli ethnomusicology researcher. The individual in question
studied the 'oud and is believed to have given public concerts. He was
formerly known as Steven Newman, but evidently has now taken a more
traditional Sephardic name, which is not known to us - hence our difficulty
in locating him.

Any information would be very welcome, since the researcher is returning to
Israel by mid-month.

Thank you for your consideration! You may contact me off list.

Joel

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com