Re: Craig Taubman: Friday Night Live

Bob,

Wolpes intro which appear the CD.  The project and service were and continue
to be a labor of love and a service of the heart.  I would love to hear what
others feel and thank you for your interest.

FYI Several interesting articles on the service have appeared in the Jewish
Journal and Jewish News and can be found on the web at these papers
respective sites.

Craig Taubman

The music you are about to hear was composed for aspecial service. In March
of 1998, I approached Craig Taubman about joining me in creating friday night
live, a service designed for young people, ages 25-40,
many of whom were estranged from the synagogue and even from Jewish life. The
music had to be both meaningful and uplifting. The wonderful music that
resulted is on this tape. friday night live is a service that combines
singing, learning, and dancing.

Once a month on Friday night, some 1,600 people come together to renew their
sense of soulfulness in a world that often seems to rob us of the
attentiveness and depth that real religion demands. As the room quiets
and the congregation begins to sing, we remind ourselves that prayer is our
bridge across longing and loss, that it is a spur to joy, that it connects us
to each other, to the best part of ourselves, and to God.

?Rabbi David Wolpe
?from the introduction by Rabbi David Wolpe

"I am a writer and performer and by necessity spend much of my life composing
music. However, everyonce As I prepared for the Shabbat service, Iwould read
and study the liturgy and music would pour from the pages of the Siddur. The
friday night live project is the spiritual highlight of my month... what a
blessing. It is my sincere hope that you find the opportunity to use this
music in your homes and in your lives so that you, your families and our
community can continueto grow together in song and Torah."

Craig Taubman