may Concert Schedule

Sholem Aleykhem,

The Wholesale Klezmer Band is pleased to announce our public events for May:

Sunday, May 2, 1999 from 11:30 am to 4 pm: The Philadelphia Yiddish Festival,
"A FOYGL AF DER FRAY"
      at
      The David Neuman Center,
      6600 Bustleton Ave.,
      Philadelphia, PA 19149
            The festival will feature the Wholesale Klezmer Band in a
concert of klezmer music,
             followed by
            workshops: " What Makes Jewish Music Jewish" and "How to Dance
at a Jewish Wedding."
            Brunch will be provided.
            The festival is made possible by grants from the Jewish
Federation of Greater Philadelphia
            and the Jacob T. Zukerman Fund of The Workman's Circle.
            Admission: $8 for JCC and Workmen's Circle members, $10 for
non-members.
            Tickets available from the Neuman Center at
            ( 215) 338-9800 or Workmen's Circle ( 215) 624-0777 or
(609)795-3569

      Wednesday evening, May 5, 1999 at 7:00 pm: Benefit Concert for The
Kosovar Refugee Fund at
      Sleigh Hall, Room 100 Western New England College,
      1215 Wilbraham Road,
      Springfield, MA
            For information, call: 413-782-3111
            Speaker: Glen Ruga

Sunday afternoon, May 30, at 2 pm: Concert for the benefit of
      the Boston Group Against Ethnic Cleansing
      at
      Congregation Kehillath Israel,
      384 Harvard Street
      Brookline, MA
      Tickets for the May 30 concert will be $12 at the door and $10 in
advance.
For information and tickets
            call: (617) 247-1883 or 738-9325.
            Tickets will also be on sale in the Russian store "Babushka Deli,"
            62 Washington St., Brighton, or by mail.
            Checks should be send to BGAEC, 10 Kenmore St., S103, Boston,
MA 02215.
            For children under 12, admission is free.
        Larger donations are welcome.

For more information about the music in our concerts to benefit refugees
from "ethnic cleansing"
in Bosnia and Kosovo, please see:
        http://www.crocker.com/~ganeydn/tfile.html

If your group or synagogue is interested in sponsoring or hosting this
benefit concert, please contact me at the address, email, or phone number
below.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band