Re: national klezmer concert calendar on the web?

>Is there a calendar of klezmer concerts anywhere on the web (perhaps on
>Ari's site) that covers the entire nation, or even the world for that
>matter?
>
>I'd like to start selectively announcing where people can actually go to see
>some of the bands whose CDs I play on my radio show.

I manually put up events as I have time on my website,

http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/

and I strenuously encourage people to use the "musi-cal" calendar
(there are gateways from my site to look at "Jewish and klezmer," but
you can reach the calendar directly at
   http://www.musi-cal.com/
I believe. The nice thing about musi-cal is that every website anywhere
in the world can link to it, and people can maintain their own listings.
I've been working on something similar, with what I hope would be a
better interface, as part of my overall site redesign, but I have been
too busy to breathe, much less work out a new database and interface.

I'll second your request, though. If someone is doing this well, I'd
be thrilled to link.

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/