Parody

 0{ } - -
 My father, Tzvi Hersh, z??l, and his brothers and sisters used to sing this song, usually at Pesach after consuming four cups of wine (at a minimum). It is, of course, a parody of the well known song ?Az Moshiach Vet Kumen? (pardon my illiteracy in Yiddish).

The words they sang, increasingly animated, with much pounding on the table, will give you an idea of the age in which it was created. I would greatly value any additional verses or variations and the words as they would be in Yiddish.

So as not to make matters too confused, I will state only my English understanding of the verses.

Rebynu, what will we do when the Moshiach comes?
When the Moshiach comes, we will have a banquet.

What will we eat at the banquet?
Hot dogs (sung as ?hot doggies), Hot doggies
Hot Dogs we will eat.
At the banquet

What will we drink at the banquet?
Coca Cola, Coca Cola
Coca Cola we will drink.
Hot dogs we will eat.
At the banquet.

Who will teach us Torah at the banquet?
Jack Dempsy will teach us Torah.
Coca Cola, etc.

Who will dance at the banquet?
Gilda Grey will dance at the banquet.
Jack Dempsy, etc.

Thanks,

Leonard Koenick
Leonard
---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Internet Consortium http://shamash.org ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------
  • Parody, Leonard Koenick

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->