URGENT URGENT URGENT READ THIS FIRST Re: cantorial recordings

CHAVERIM,

DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT HAPPY99.EXE, OSTENSIBLY SENT AS PART OF THE MESSAGE

From: "robert wiener" <wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com>
Subject: cantorial recordings

IT IS A "WORM" PROGRAM AND WILL INFECT YOUR (WIN/DOS) SYSTEM. (MACS AND
UNIX VARIANTS ARE UNAFFECTED. DON'T GLOAT!)

OK, I'll stop shouting. This is NOT alarmist hyperbole like those periodic
messages that claim that ASCII (text-only) email can erase your hard disk.
This is a program, and you don't want it infecting your system.

I'll send more information later. We just dealt with these pond scum on the
78 mailing list. They forge a sender's address, attach this file and wait
for the excitement to begin.

Ari, I think you will have to look into server-side virus checking and
deletion going forward. In the meantime, Norton Anti-Virus finds this worm,
and there is no substitute for individually protecting our systems.

All for now,

Joel

At 11:05 PM 2/13/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Attachment Converted: "c:\my documents\eudora\attach\Happy99.exe"

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:   781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net