Hatikvah's Top 10

                                  HATIKVAH'S TOP 10 + Other Trivia

I recived many requests for my  "Top 10" list again this year so here it is,
however, I am changing the list to include  the last TWO years. The reason for
this is that many Jewish recordings are released late in the year to take
advantage of the Chanukah selling period, and their sales will straddle the
end of one year, and the beginning of the other. This puts the recording at a
dissadvantage since the time period "divides" those sales in half.
The "top 10"list consists of total sales of all recordings by the artists.

Since we wholesale as well as retail, we only count those artists whose retail
sales make up at least 65% of total sales. Any recording that we distribute
but for which we do not an active retail market, is not included .
Feel free to comment on the list-we received quite a few last year.

The Top 10 List is a list is followed by our ALL-Time Best Sellers.

TOP 10 SELLERS 1997 - 1998
        1) The Barry Sisters
        2) The Machaya Klezmer Band
        3) I. Perman
        4) Barbra Streisand-("Higher Ground" CD-only 1 Jewish song on the
recording.)
      5) Mandy Patinkin
        6) Andy Statman
        7) Joel Rubin
        8) Dave Tarras
        9) Fortuna (Ladino)
tie10) David Fisher  (His Yiddish Cd "Goldene Lieder" make up 95% of his
sales).
tie10) Martha Schlamme
  Best Selling Chanukah Recording-"Just In Time For Chanukah" Margie & Ilene
  Best Selling "NEW artist - 1) Alicia Svigals  2) Kroke   3) Di Naye Kapelye
  Best Selling Category- 1) Yiddish  2) Klezmer 3) Ladino 4) Cantorial 5)
Israeli

ALL TIME BEST SELLERS BY CATEGORY
   YIDDISH
The Barry Sisters-20,000+ stopped counting after 22,000
The Yiddish Dream-10,000+    Stopped counting
David Fisher-8,500+ Stopped counting
  KLEZMER
Itzhak Perman-15,000+ Stopped counting
 LADINO
 Fortuna-750+ (3 recordings) - Stopped Counting
 Esther Lamandier-450+(1 recording "Romances")
 Francoise Atlan-300+(3 recordings)
 Rosa Zaragoza- Hottest "new" artist. We Only 'Discovered" her 15 months ago.
  CANTORIAL
Yossele Rosenblatt-He's The King, what's the use of counting!
Moishe Kousevitsky
ALL TIME FASTEST SELLING VIDEOS
Rugrats-Passover-1,000 units in 2 weeks
Hanukah Homeboy- 543 units in 2 weeks

Enjoy The Music-Thank You All, and A Special Thank You To Ari Davidow!
Happy "Other" New Year
Simon
Hatikvah Music
(The Non-Web Site Store)