Subject: cheeses, rice etc
Author:  <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org> at Tcpgate
Date:    12/18/98 4:01 PM

re changing words, as you describe, we used to sing an old shape-note
song, beautiful melody, which included the words "and taste the pleasure
Jesus sends". Changing it to "the pleasure peace can send", we felt, not
only kept the alliteration but improved the message beyond making it non-sectari
.
Not Jewish-related, First Nations people in Canada at some point - or at least s
e of them - substituted for the words in the national anthem,
"our home and native land": "our home ON native land".
Judith

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->