-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of PKellyJr (at)
aol(dot)com
Sent: Friday, December 11, 1998 4:04 PM
To: World music from a Jewish slant.
Subject: Dreamworks Non-betrayal

I think Dreamworks should be congratulated for making a Jewish movie.
This significant effort is preferable to no pride at all.
The reality is that Jews are not a significant economical buying force in
comparison to the number of Christians in the U.S.   If we want to do
something positive, it would be more productive to write to Dreamworks
thanking them for their effort AND ASKING WHEN THE JEWISH MUSIC tapes
accompanying the show will come out.  Perhaps a consortium of Jewish
musicians
could contact Dreamworks and ask to piggyback onto the movie.  Well guys,
what
are you waiting for?
Miriam Winder-Kelly

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->