Re: last child (question from my web page)

<< Well, these kinds of traditions have obviously traveled there, cause these
dance take place at a great many Jewish weddings.

kidding aside for a moment (why???)

we have been doing the "krentzl-mezhinkeh" for many years here in this
area....my band is only 10 years old...but I learned it from a bandleader I
played with for a number of years before that....

i would encourage any bandleaders not offering or suggesting this tradition to
clients to consider doing so....really adds another "up" to the evening....At
most weddings we play we begin the party by bringing in the bride and groom to
dancing (Od Yishoma,etc etc. after that....the parties here usually go into a
very secular mode ...standards, jazz, Top 40, Rock, etc etc...so it is really
nice to bring things around again later in the event to tradition.   (This may
be meaningless to those of you who play only Jewish or Klezmer music, but for
versatile variety groups..it does add another wrinkle")

<<I also happen to know 2 Jews who live right near Tampa.   Maybe they don't
advertise. >>

and we live  very close to those 2 Jews - i am pretty sure I know your friends
here - so there are least 4 of us that you know or -know of   :-)