Way cool Sephardic music

Chevra,

I thought this reply might interest the group at large.

Shabbat shalom,

Joel

Alana writes:

>I was going through old email and found this: do you have info on how to
>get any of the above recordings?

Joel Replies:

Hi, there.

>> I have just found out about a Mexican artist that evidently does Sephardic
>> songs in Gothic (that's pop gothic, not early music gothic) style, and am
>> dying to hear her.

Her name is Jaramar, the CDs are Entre la pena y el gozo and
Fingir Que Duermo (the first is better IMHO) and she can be purchased from
www.isotank.com

>> Meanwhile, the Changelings do a very atmospheric version (a la Dead Can
>> Dance) of A?Har Noghenim

The Changelings
Middlesex Records
P.O. Box 8207
Atlanta, GA  31106
the_changelings (at) mindspring(dot)com

>>and El Duende does a salsa version of "A la una yo naci."

El Duende
c/o Oscar Herrera
15136 S.W. 128th Ct.
Miami, FL 33186
OHerrera (at) herald(dot)com

>>Broadside Electric does a version "Moshe Salio de Misrayim" in
>> Steeleye Span type arrangement.

Robert Wagnon
9909 Clayton Rd., Suite LL5A
St. Louis, MO 63124-1120
UNITED STATES
driles (at) amaranthmusic(dot)com
www.amaranthmusic.com
+(1) 800-908-0806 +(US only)

>>The Klezmokum do a rollicking version of a
>> Sephardic song they learned from Janet and Jak Esim.

I don't remember where I got this one. Simon???

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:   781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->