Classic Israeli Music & Dance Sessions in NYC

Some people from this list may be interested in the announcement below
that was distributed to the Rikuday Dor Rishon list. Of special interest
to some will be the Sefardic Night on November 15 featuring Israeli dances
done to Ladino Music.
                RIKUDAY DOR RISHON OPENS ON BROADWAY
             WITH WEEKLY SESSIONS STARTING ON NOVEMBER 1

Yes, it's true.  We finally made it to Broadway.  Rikuday Dor Rishon will
be opening its 1998-99 season at a professional dance studio on Broadway.
Our new location is on a trial basis.  We are introducing changes that
many of you have been asking for (including the request for our presence
on the upper west side). Now it is up to you.  You can help assure our
continuing service to the community in preserving and perpetuating the
classic folk dances of Israel by participating in our weekly sessions and
passing the word to others.

Here are some of the changes:

Location: "Bridge for Dance" 2726 Broadway @ 104th St.

Time: Every Sunday @ 8pm (unless otherwise specified). We now have some
flexibility in the ending time and can continue dancing after 10pm. when
appropriate (which many of you have requested).

Level: The session will be primarily for experienced dancers who have some
familiarity with the classic repertoire or have enough of a background to
follow easily.  It will not be for beginners (many have requested this).
But we plan to have a series of repertoire teaching sessions with Danny
Pollock at which beginners would be welcome. Stay tuned for updates on
this.

Donation: $5 for regular sessions (and the opening). $7 for special events
such as workshops and parties.  After not increasing the rates for several
years, we are now requesting an additional dollar, which should help
defray our additional costs.

        SPECIAL EVENTS SCHEDULE  NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 1998

Nov. 1, 1998
Opening session of the new year and Shorashim 1998 reunion with special
guests Danny Uziel, Haddasah Badoch-Kruger, Danny Pollock & others. 8pm $5

Nov. 15, 1998
Sefardic Night featuring Songs & Dances to Ladino Tunes with special
guests from Israel including Yehuda Emanuel. 8 pm $7

Dec. 6, 1998
Workshop featuring special guest teacher from Israel, Giora Kadmon,
creator of dances such as Yivarechecha and Shir Sameach. 8 pm $7

Dec. 13, 1998
Hanuka Party featuring live music and special guests. 8 pm $7

For Information contact 212-620-0535.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->