Re: Record Libraries/collections

In a message dated 10/24/1998 8:16:26 AM Mountain Daylight Time, Enitt (at)
aol(dot)com
writes:

<< Any idea where I can obtain Sephardic music in Ladino, or where I can find
out
 names of artists?  >>

Linda,
A friend of mine in Brazil sent me a CD by a Brazilian Jewish artist named
Fortuna, who sings in Ladino. Some traditional songs and some contemporary
ones; most of them not strictly religious in nature, but very "Jewish". They
are very beautiful and almost atmospheric; a great mix of Latin and Middle
Eastern rhythms. I have looked all over on the Net and in record stores in the
US for more of her CD's, but I have had no luck. You might try searching in
Spanish sources on the Net or in stores. Good luck, and let us know what you
find! I am also interested.
Maureen

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->