Re: Klezmorim record

Statman/Feldman was '78 or '79 -- and still stands up as one of the
best klezmer albums ever recorded, IMnon-HO.

Here's the authoritative early history of the Klezmorim, courtesy
of my landsman Lev Liberman:

  1975: band is formed by Lev Liberman and David Skuse; plays at parties & in
  the streets.

  1976: band begins playing at public performance venues & clubs in
  California. First Arhoolie studio recording session.

  1977: band tours West Coast: frequent radio, concert, and club appearances.
  Two more Arhoolie recording sessions: album "East Side Wedding" is released.

At 06:08 PM 6/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Just a short question: was the first Klezmorim record put out in 1975 or '77?
>
>Probably '77--I believe the Statman-Feldman album was in '75. You
>can e-mail folks from the Klezmorim and ask--there are listings for
>both David Julian Gray and Lev Liberman on the klezmer shack site:
>   http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/klezcontacts.html

503-452-3882/voice
503-452-7652/fax
jackfalk (at) teleport(dot)com