Re: Sources for Recordings; Jewish Content?

Robert Wiener wrote:

> Hello to all.  I'm a newcomer to the list, but not to Jewish music.
> For about 25 years I've been collecting recordings of all types (and
> videos and slides and art books).  More recently, I have used these
> materials to present eclectic multi-media programs on topics related
> to Judaism (e.g., Noah and the Flood and Kol Nidre).
>
> Sources for Recordings
> I'm always looking out for such stuff and would appreciate any
> recommendations as to sources for recordings, especially LPs.
>
> Jewish Content?
> On my want list I have several items which may have significant Jewish
> content (Jewish religion, based on the Hebrew scriptures,
> Holocaust...), but I'm just not sure.  Here are just a few of the
> classical music items.  Can anyone help?
>
> Ben-Haim, Paul: Fanfare...     Hed-Arzi AN 8355(LP)
> Cowell, Henry: Lamentations (Leslie Morgan, soprano; The Mirecourt
> Trio)
>     TR TRC 110(LP)(Biblical?)
> Fortner, Wolfgang: Die Schopfung (The Creation) (Fischer-Dieskau,
> Seemann (piano),
>     Schmidt-Isserstedt; Sinfonie-Orchester der Norddeutschen
> Rundfunks)
>         Deutsche Gramophone LPM 18405(LP)
> Kaminski, Joseph: Concertino, Trumpet and Orchestra    Colosseum SM
> 553(LP)
> Rasmussen, Karl Aage: Jonas (choir, chamber ensemble) (Francesco
> Cristofoli; Danis...)
>     Paula 33(LP)(Biblical?)
> Velden, Renier van der: Judith    Cultura 50673(LP)(Biblical?)
>
> Glad that I've found all of you,
> Bob Wiener

Concerning: Rasmussen, Karl Aage: Jonas .....

Hi Bob.
I am a danish musician working among other places at "Det Jyske
Musikkonservatorium" here in Aarhus  and Karl Aage Rasmussen is a
professor of composition at that institution. He is not jewish and
allthough I havn´t heard "Jonas" I think it is "biblical" rather than
jewish.
"Det jyske Musikkonservatorium" (Academy of Music) is at:

http://www.musik-kons.dk

Greetings from
Knud Albert Jepsen
H.Pontoppidansgade 12