celtic and klez

I have been asked by a friend who plays mainly irish or latin music to try
and track down the name and possibly sheet music and "authentic recordings"
of a piece which appears on 2 irish albums.
He sang the tune down a longdistance phone line. it was familiar but not in
my repertoire and i couldnt trace it to anything in my cd/tape collection.
the tune appears on an album with Kevin Burke (not his solo fiddle album
and also on the cd of Lunasa who toured here recently. on the latter cd the
track is titled "klezmir" !
it sounds to me like a mediumpaced bulgar.

any suggestions would be welcomed

my friend Andy Rigby plays a Paraguan harp in "australia's foremost harp
trio" (only!) their latest and 3rd cd credits me with introducing them to
one of the tracks ie tanz tanz yiddelekh. they regularly play concerts and
festivals around Australia. andy also makes  harps  and marimbas

Ernie Gruner
KALEIDOSCOPE MUSIC
Phone: 03.9386.7108 or 03.9386.0947   Fax: 03.9386.7108    Mobile:
0418.549.631
2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058 , Victoria,  Australia
erniegru (at) mira(dot)net
        INTERNATIONAL:
                 Phone +613 9386 7108
                                Fax +613 9386 7108
                                         erniegruner (at) hotmail(dot)com

  @@@@ KALEIDOSCOPE MUSIC : Performance,Management,Agency @@@@@@@@@@@
....jugularity*kalinka*klezmeritis*bronwyncalcutt*monash.string.quartet*gyps
y.nights............howlin.wind*yalla*erniegruners.klezmer.orchestra*bonzaba
nd*tierra.dulce..etc......

@@COMING UP!!    JUGULARITY'S 10th anniversary concert