Saloamone Rossi:Judeo-Baroque

There has been a quite revival in the Baroque-Jewish  music of Salamone Rossi.
I recently discovered a 2 CD compilation of Rossi's Jewish music recorded in
the Czech Republic. After many months, we finally received our shipment. Here
is some info on the set;

                                 SALAMONE ROSSI:THE SONGS OF SOLOMON
                             KUHN CHAMBER SOLOISTS, SYMPOSIUM MUSICUM

This beautiful 2 CD set contains 33 selections composed by Salamon Rossi in
1622-1923
 Included are 6 compositions for three voices, 5 for four voices, 8 for five
voices,
5 for six voices, 1 for seven voices, and 8 for eight voices.

Set to biblical and other religious Hebrew and Aramaic texts, this set comes
with 2 booklets; one printed with the lyrics in Hebrew, and the other
containing English
translation of all the selections and a biography of the composer...selections
include....Kaddish - Shir
Hamma'alot, Ashrei Kol Y're Adonai - Borchu - Mizmor L'asaf, Ilohim Nitstsav
Ba'adat El - Lamnatseach Al Hashminit Mizmor - Ele Moadei Adonai - K'dusha -
Eloh
im Hashivenu - Lamnatsteach Binginot Mizmore Shir - Mizmore L'Toda -
Hashkivenu
- Kaddish - Shir Hamma'alot, B'Shuv Adonai - Shir Lamma'alot, Essa Einai -
Y'Susum
Midbar - Shir Hamma'alot, Ashrei Kol Y're Adonai - Shir Hamma'alot L'David,
Lulei Adonai - Odcha Ki'anitani - Baruch Haba B'Shem Adonai - Mizmor L'David,
Havu
Ladonai B'nei Elim - plus 13 more!
Catalog #00467  Available:  2 CD Set

Simon