Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digests

>>These have gotten quite large and difficult to read. Problems:
>>1. Repetition of message in reply -- please, except for SHORT passages,
>>DON'T! The progression is geometric ...
>>2. Format -- Some weird line breaking (in my mailer's window which is
>>usually bseder) renders many posts qwerky! Maybe it is best to do it
>>manually in the post rather than relying on Bill Gate's or anybody else's
>>masterpiece to fix it up!
>>3. Brevity. Let's try it-we'll like it.
>
>I second that and ask,   Is there a DIGEST mode?

To get a list of all of the commands for this list,
you can visit the Shamash page and look up the help
section, OR you can visit my support page for this
list at
   http://www.ivritype.com/resources/jlists.html#jewish-music

OR you can send e-mail to the listserv, listproc (at) shamash(dot)org
with the one-line message, "help", OR you can send me e-mail.

Not that occasional mention of this to the list at large is a
bad thing, just to know that you have options, and needn't
necessarily ask the whole list for information that I, or the
Shamash help folks, are the only ones to provide.

The short answer to your immediate question is that you send
e-mail to: listproc (at) shamash(dot)org
with the one-line message
   set jewish-music mail digest

Also, while I appreciate that sometimes it seems as though
messages to the list are getting long or disruly, please
e-mail =me=, not the list.

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/