wedding customs

A question for folklorists / ethnomusicologists: In traditional Eastern
European Jewish weddings, were there particular tunes (or musical styles)
that would be played while the chasn & kale walked to the chupa? Or is the
walk-up a western addition? (I always find this part of the wedding service
to be the most interesting and moving from the musician's (and guests)
standpoint. It  recently occurred to me, though, that I'm not precisely
sure if it was done in the old country).

-Andy Rubin

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->