Re: Ari's Posting re NPR Spam

At 08:29 PM 11/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Eric,

>A reminder that the sole person authorized to tell people
>what to post to jewish-music is the list-owner--me.

Hats off to Ari.  It is not always easy for people to assert authority when
it is needed.  When I first started accessing the Internet, I subscribed to
a news group on Jewish Culture.  It took me about a week to unsubscribe,
after I found that a great portion of what was posted was garbage (including
nasty stuff from neo-Nazis and obnoxious postings from those who thought
that it would do some good to answer them).
This Jewish music list server is a wonderful electronic community for folks
all around the world.  Thank you Ari for maintaining it so beautifully.

Musawwir Spiegel
1509 Union Drive
Davis CA 95616
musman (at) mother(dot)com