Re: Words to My Yiddishe Momme

Dear Mindy Lawton:
Re: what you heard as "a skippered vessel in the vale" is:
"Es gibt nisht beser in di velt" (There is nothing better in the world).
"Oy vey vi biter ven zi fe(y)lt" (O how bitter w hen she is missing
(absent)
The two Yiddish stanzas are NOT a duplication of the English, but
"original"
Yiddish lyrics.  I pu t "original" in quotation  marks because there are
variants.
I have an all-Yidish version by Yoselle Rosenblatt (on RCA Camden) and
another by  Abraham Samuel Rettig on Muza Polskie Nagrania with almost
entirely different (Yiddish) lyrics.  Let me know if I can be of further
assistance.
 WARNING:  Repeated singing of this song may raise cholesterol to
dangerous levels.
Take it easy,
Wolf Krakowski
Kame'a Media