Finale 97

I can't remember who it was, but several weeks ago someone asked about Finale
97.  I just finished my first big job on it, so I wanted put in some remarks.

First of all, I have Finale for Windows.  The past 2 revisions have each come
with an addendum, which have supplemented the main set of documentation.  So
when you are trying to figure out a problem, you first have to find out if
and when the thing you are trying to do has been revised and then find it in
one of the three appropriate places.  Finale 97 has put the documentation
on-line.  To me, it's worth the price of the upgrade just for that.

There are a number of other handy things, like being able to assign Metatools
to all the letters, not just 1-9.  The other new things, I haven't used much.
 I also notice that since Finale 97 is created for Windows 95, it seems to
run faster and smoother.

Hope this is of use to those of you who were asking.

Jeffrey Schanzer

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->