Re[2]: Jewish Music Trivia

Just a tangentially related footnote.  There are several very popular Shabbos
zermiros (or zmirot Shabbat) that make no

Answer below

Subject: Re: Jewish Music Trivia
Author:  <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org > at tcpgate
Date:    11/6/97 10:20 AM

At 08:12 AM 11/6/97 -0500, Isabelle Ganz wrote:
>[snip]
>best Judeo-Christian song
>[snip]
>Oh Jingle bells, jingles bells, jingle all the way....."

Hmmm, I usually let comments like this one ride when I see them on other
mailing lists, but I simply have to respond here.

"Jingle Bells" is *not* a Christmas/Christian song. That is a common
misconception. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Christian holiday
of Christmas, which happens to fall in the winter season in the Northern
hemisphere. "Jingle Bells" is a perfectly generic *winter* song,

Answer:

(koh ribbon and tsur mishelo...)dn

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->