Maxwell St.

Lori,

I play Jewish-inspired music for cello and piano.  I am the cellist.
Here is my sales pitch:

   I have performed concerts of "Music on Jewish Themes" in many
   of the major cities of Europe, Canada, and the United States,
   as well as in many smaller communities.  In these concerts, I
   play music for cello and piano inspired by Judaism--music that
   simply "sounds" Jewish.  I also talk about the music a little,
   just to let the audience "meet" the composers and their music.
   Audiences have reacted extremely favorably, with "bravos" and
   standing ovations at many concerts.

Here is my longer sales pitch:

   The last hundred years has brought the music world a rich and
   varied repertoire of "Music on Jewish Themes."  Composers such
   as Ernest Bloch, Joachim Stutschewsky, and Julius Chajes have
   produced musical masterworks in which the melodies, the
   harmonies, and the myriad nuances of pitch and rhythm are
   unmistakably Jewish.  These and other composers have based
   their music on the many musical styles of the Jewish world:
   Sephardic, Yiddish, Klezmer, Hassidic, Yemenite, Hebrew,
   Israeli, and others.  These composers have written many of
   their finest, most popular, and most appealing instrumental
   works for the cello.  These composers are major figures in
   Jewish musical culture.  Thus our performances serve not only
   to entertain, but also to celebrate, illustrate, and illuminate
   the history of Jewish art music.

Frankly, I think sales pitch number 2 is a little boring.

Dan
    Daniel Kazez, Associate Professor of Music
    Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio 45501-0720  USA
    tel 937-327-7354  fax 937-327-6340  kazez (at) wittenberg(dot)edu
  +------/\------------------------------------------/\------+
        /  \                                        /  \
  -\---/----\---/------------------------------\---/----\---/-
  --\-/------\-/-----Music-on-Jewish-Themes-----\-/------\-/--
  ---\--------/----------------------------------\--------/---
  --/-\------/-\------Daniel-Kazez-cellist------/-\------/-\--
  -/---\----/---\------------------------------/---\----/---\-
        \  /                                        \  /
INTERNAT \/ CONCERT TOURS                            \/
 1995  Prague, Toronto, Berlin, Rome, Florence
       Paris, Salzburg, Brussels, London
 1996  India/Bombay, Pune, Bangalore, Madras
 1997  Britain/England, Scotland, Wales
 1998  Morocco, Italy

WEB SITES
 http://www.cello.org/cnc/kazez.htm