[Fwd: WANTED: Clever Jewish Parodies]

Steven--
I'm sorry. I evidently sent this message to the whole list . I wanted to
send it only to you. At any rate what exactly are you looking for.
     Elliott Raisen
--- Begin Message ---
This sounds interesting. Can you give me an example of exactly what you
are looking for. I wrote a play called "Yiddishe Shtunde" (done as a
radio program) and another one on the jewish concept of heaven and hell.

        Elliott Raisen

Steven M. Singer wrote:

> Hello 'all -
>
> I'm looking to develop some additional Jewish-themed parodies for our
> repertoire... and I thought I'd put it out to the list to help.
>
> There are some specific songs that I have in mind (listed below), but
> please feel free to send me your own ideas.
>
> If we use one of your submissions, we'll send you our two recordings
> (for
> free) and (with your permission) credit you on our next recording.
> Just
> think of what the fame and fortune will bring!!!
>
> Some of the songs I'd like to parody are:
>
>         * That Cat Is High (& other classic Swing/Jazz songs)
>
>         * ANY classic 50's/60's songs
>                 i.e. "My Boyfriend's Back...", "Mr. Sandman", "In My
>                 Room", etc..
>
>         * ANY classic rock/pop songs
>
> BTW, I *am* aware of other groups that perform Jewish-themed parodies
> (Alan Lieberman, Shlock Rock, etc...), however - I'm really looking
> for
> some new ideas.
>
> I look to hearing from you!
>
> B'Shalom,
>
> Steve Singer
> LISTEN UP! A CAPPELLA
>
> P.S. If you'd like, I'll supply you with lyrics (or even a recording)
> for
> a given song.  Let me know!

--- End Message ---

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->