check-in from Ashkenaz '97

The Ashkenaz Festival is off to a hot start. I saw John
Zorn conduct his "Bar Kochba" chamber orchestra on
Monday night, and last night caught a special jazz
ensemble from Winnipeg put together the for show,
Koulak, Lerner, and Boychuk. If all goes well, I'll
have RealAudio of some of the concert available later
today at the Ashkenaz website. In any event, you can
follow the action at the "virtualAshkenaz" site:
   http://www.ashkenaz.org/virtual.html

This afternoon's first event will be a forum on "The
Jew as an Artist." Hmmm. =Could= be interesting.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
http://www.ivritype.com/