Yiddish Dance

Hi Susan,
There a surprising dearth of materials on Yiddish dance. No videos (we're
still awaiting the Yiddish "Riverdance"). No books, few articles. Few dance
teachersand few workshops run on the subject. The dance research is years
behind the music research.  I wouldn't use *Fiddler...* as a model for
Yiddish dance any more than I'd use *Brigadoon* as a model for Highland
dance. One of the few places to learn the real stuff is at our annual
KlezKamp: The Yiddish Folk Arts Program. This year we're running from Dec
21-26. Send me your snail mail address and we'll put you on the list.

Henry Sapoznik
Director
Living Traditions

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->