Chava Alberstein

We just had Israeli star Chava Alberstein perform at our synagogue.  It was
the best concert I have heard in a very long time.  She is truly amazing.
There were over 500 people in the audience, many that didn't know any
Hebrew or Yiddish and she had them all in the palm of her hand.  Not one
complaint was received by anyone or from anyone after the concert (unheard
of in the many years I have been producing concerts).  Except for one
person who said it was too short. (it wasn't but everyone would have been
glad to stay for more.)  It was just her and her guitar - no fancy
back-ups.  Some fairly simple lighting and a sound system.  Her lyrics were
totally clearly heard and heartfelt.  She introduced each song perfectly,
had some sing-a-long stuff and stunned us all with her mastery of the
guitar  and her awesome use of her beautiful voice.  In addition she was
easy to work with and her agent Itzik Becher of Aviv Productions is a
sweetheart to work with.

I love her CDs but they only give a hint of how incredible she is in person.

Linda Shivers

Cantor Linda Shivers*Congregation Neveh Shalom*2900 SW Peaceful Lane*
Portland, Oregon 97201*USA*(503)246-8831*e mail: <mailto:dshivers (at)
hevanet(dot)com>

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->