Calling all Klezmorim

I'm sure that you may have seen my posts about our Chicago-based Jewish a
cappella group - LISTEN UP!

I would like to enlist your help:

Our group has performed Jewish music (all a cappella) through a quirky (and
eclectic) mix of styles and genres.  We have enjoyed putting a Klezmer
"feel" in several of our songs, however I would really like to create a
few songs that have almost a "vocalese" approach to Klezmer.

Much of what we do is "instrumental" in approach (vocal percussion,
mimicking instruments).  I am really interested in understanding more
about the structure of Klezmer music.  I have listened to several
recordings -- and seen some Chicago groups.  If anyone has a few minutes
to respond, I'd like to engage in a small dialogue concerning ideas on
how best to capture the sound of Klezmer in a four person a cappella
group (3 male, 1 female).  As the group's musical director, I am
developing my own ideas, but I think that hearing the suggestions of
Klezmer instrumentalists would provide us with some great insight.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Singer

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->