Re: Ethiopian Jewish Music?

On 7 Feb 1996, Beverly Seavey wrote:

>  What are the traditional and popular musics of the
>  Ethiopian Jews like? Are there any recordings available?

I don't know generally much about the music, but here is an item from a
discography I put together. I have heard bits of this collection. It is
quite beautiful:

Les Juifs d'Ethiopie (The Jews of Ethiopia). Recorded in Israel and
distributed by  Harmonia Mundi, France (1986). This record contains
sacred and secular vocal music of Ethiopian Jews in Israel. The songs are
perfomed by various artists. Two languages are used: Ge'ez  for
sacred music and Amharic for popular. The recording includes program
notes in French and English.

Good luck!
Rita Klinger

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->