                       c/o Ahaba ve Ahva
                       1801 Ocean Parkway
                       Brooklyn,New York 11223
                       USA
                       Tel: (718)-339-5849
                       Fax: (718)-998-2497
                        or  (718)-627-2193
                       E-mail: JMOSSERI (at) DELPHI(dot)COM
                        or     76106(dot)1524 (at) compuserve(dot)com

Dear Friend;

It gives us grwat pleasure to inform you that we have initiated the
formation of the HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF JEWS FROM EGYPT (HSJE), for the
purpose of studying our life before our departure from Egypt to other lands
and its aftermath. One of the functions of HSJE would be to collect oral
histories and possibly videos of persons who will be given the opportunity
to relate their experiences.

We propose to collect: pictures, family histories, genealogical trees,
unpublished and published reports, artifacts, religious items, books,
documentation, etc... which would enable us to start an archival center.

Our purpose is to transmit to the generation of our children and grand
children memories, momentos, customs, folklore of our life style on the
borders of the Nile and, our adaptation in the various countries.

Since there is little documentation available as far as we know, the
collection of such material would be invaluable. Other activities could
include invited speakers knowledgeable of the history of Egyptian Jewry, and
the preparation of a bibliography of books and articles on this subject.

All of you have the opportunity to express your views as to how the
HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF JEWS FROM EGYPT should proceed. We are open to your
suggestions.

During our inaugural meeting Mrs. Mary Halawani a film maker will show a
video, "I MISS THE SUN" (in English) and Professor Victor Sanua will present
a video about the Jews of Alexandria (in French).

                    The date is Sunday October 29,1995
                               at 6:00 P.M. at
                    Ahaba ve Ahva of Ocean Parkway
                    1801 Ocean Parkway
                    Brooklyn,New York

We are looking forward to your support and participation in this endeavor,
and hope that you will be able to attend this inaugural fuction.

                                                The Committee

**Joseph Malki**Menahem Y. Mizrahi**Elie M. Mosseri**Joseph E. Mosseri**
**Nissim J. Roumi**Nissim Cohen Saban**Desire L. Sakkal**Victor D. Sanua**

****************PLEASE DISTRIBUTE**************PLEASE
DISTRIBUTE*************

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->