re:Song book

If you must have piano accompaniment there are very few books with the
things you request. However, if you are looking for just the notes and
words, the Zamru Lo series from the Cantors Assembly (212-678-8834) may
solve your problems. For each congregational melody there are several
possibilities.

Cantor Sheldon M. Levin
slevin (at) mciunix(dot)mciu(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, Joan wrote:

> I have a number of Jewish music books with piano accompaniment,  but
> most do not have the familiar tunes to go along with the Shabbat
> services.  There may be one for Adon Olam, etc., but in the "Gates of
> Prayer" of the New Union Prayer Book, there are many responses in
> bold type which may be sung.  I have the song book which is supposed
> to be for that book, "Songs and Hymns," a musical supplement to
> Shaarei Tefillah.  It doesn't have what we need.
>
> Is there something which has versions of Mi Chamocha, Ki Mitzion,
> etc.?  I would really like to be able to buy some such thing.
>
> Thank you for any information you can send me.
>
> Joan Downing.  DOWNJOAN (at) ucs(dot)isu(dot)edu
> 960 Wayne Ave.
> Pocatello, Id. 83201

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->