RE: Song search/composer (fwd)

> There is a famous Emet Vemunah by Zeidle Rovner which is not available in
> print. There is not a big demand for
> such a song since it is only sung by unique synogoues like your own. Our
> scholor in residence says "Good Luck".

Thank you for your kind reply.  I had our rabbi sing it on to a tape and
I will transcribe it.  He says it's something the previous cantor "came
up with" and taught the congregation.  Who knows where the cantor came up
with it from, maybe it's the one you mention.  If I send you the
transcrption, perhaps you could let me know.

I have another question:  are you familiar with the composer Michael
Horvitt.  I found a piece of his which I liked and plan to perform,
called "The Prophecy of Amos".  I understand he has also composed a
Holocaust memorial.   If you have any information about this composer
that I can put in the program notes I would appreciate it.  E.g., is he
American or Israeli?  Where did he study, and what are his sources?

> We do carry a book called siddur in song which contains many
congregational
> melodies otherwise you could look into the section for congregation materials
> at the site.

I have this book, and several other publications of yours.  Thank you for
all the good work in this field.

Yours,
Rose Ingberman
Arlington, VA