Re: Geula Gill Trio

I have one of their albums, it's from the late 60's/early 70's, I'm not
sure. I believe that the title is simply "Geula Gill". I bought it simply
for one song only, a Hebrew version of Peter, Paul and Mary's "If I had a
Hammer" (The Hammer Song). Of course, the other songs are great, too, in
the style that was unique to that period of time. The "old-time" folk
songs are what I like best and this is a great album to have for those.

I first heard of the album while watching a PBS documentary on a famous
folk-singing group from the 1950's, "The Weavers". At one point in the
program, they gave a number of examples of their songs that had been
recorded in different languages. The one they featured was "The Hammer
Song". Later on, I came across the album in a local Judaica shop and
snapped it up immediately.
Favorite Book Title:

"All I needed to know I learned from watching Star Trek"

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->