Re: Looking for a Book

In article <3pi4q7$io4 (at) newsbf02(dot)news(dot)aol(dot)com>,
DougL365 <dougl365 (at) aol(dot)com> wrote:
>  I've been doing some research on music in the Bible and came across a
>few books by Alfred Sendry in a library.  I think they're fascinating but
>both are out of print.
>  Anyone who has ANY ideas where I could find "Music in Ancient Israel" or
>"David's Harp", both by Sendry, please let me know.
>   Many thanx
>  -d

I'd heard of these books when I was in music school, so I telnetted
to the closest university library:

 Search Request: A=SENDREY, ALFRED                         UMich Online Catalog
 Search Results: 6 Entries Found                                   Author Index
       SENDREY ALFRED 1884
    1   BIBLIOGRAPHY OF JEWISH MUSIC <1951>  (UL)
    2   BIBLIOGRAPHY OF JEWISH MUSIC <1969>  (UL)
    3   DAVIDS HARP THE STORY OF MUSIC IN BIBLICAL T <1964>  (UL)
    4   MUSIC IN ANCIENT ISRAEL <1969>  (UL)
    5   MUSIC OF THE JEWS IN THE DIASPORA UP TO 1800 <1971>  (UL)
    6   MUSIK IN ALT ISRAEL <1970>  (UL)

Try your local university.  Watch the spelling
Matt

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->