schindler's list

my name is brian landberg. i am an engineering student at hokkaido
university, located in the north of japan. i have lived here for
several years, but i grew up in the u.s. and was sent to hebrew
saturday school as a child. unfortunately i didn't study very hard at
the time, and i can barely read the hebrew alphabet. i was always
interested in jewish traditional music however, and i like to learn
songs as a way to make up for lost education.

recently i have bought the soundtrack from the movie Schindler's List,
and on this cd there is one song written in hebrew. the accompanying
written material ("jacket"?) of the japanese version does not include
song lyrics.

i am interested in finding the lyrics (hebrew and/or romanized
phoentic) to the song entitled "YEROUSHALAIM CHEL ZAHAV", which is the
12th entry on the soundtrack cd (the only one with hebrew lyrics).

if anyone could copy them down for me, or perhaps tell me where i
might be able to find the lyrics (remeber, however, that i am in
japan, not NYC), i would be thrilled if you could let me know.

thanks in advance. (in japan we say, "yorosh-ku onegai shimas",
meaning 'please honor my humble request', or 'please favor me')

 -brian (at) athena(dot)hune(dot)hokudai(dot)ac(dot)jp

                "time flies like an arrow;
                 fruit flies like a banana."

--

                Brian Landberg